Are you interested in learning more about at string quartet in Raleigh NC? There's a great deal of information out there for you! Below, you'll find several key terms to know as you research this type of musical ensemble in order to find the perfect wedding day music!
Terms to Know | String Quartet in Raleigh NC
- Gregorio Allegri (1582-1652) – Italian composer and singer. He composed mostly vocal music, but also composed a four-part piece for an old-time string quartet in Raleigh NC.
- Atonality – music without tonality, or music that is centered around no central key or scale. The term was first used to describe certain compositions by Arnold Schoenberg, Anton von Webern, and Alban Berg, although Schoenberg generally considered his music to be pantonal.
- Aria – a term signifying any closed lyrical piece for solo voice with or without accompaniment, either independent or forming part of an opera, oratorio, cantata, or other large work. It has also been applied to instrumental music, implying a piece written on a vocal model.
- Appoggiatura – A note of embellishment usually one step or half-step above (but sometimes below) the “main” note.
- Am steg – a directive to play at the bridge
- Allegro – tempo marking meaning “fast”
- Allegretto – a tempo faster than andante but slower than allegro and in a lighter style. The term is also used for a short piece or movement with the tempo marked allegretto.
- Adagio molto – tempo marking meaning “very slow”
- Adagio ma non troppo – tempo marking meaning “slow, but not too slow”
- Adagio affettuoso ed appassionato – tempo marking meaning “slow tempo with tender feeling and with passion”
- Adagio – tempo marking meaning “slow”
- Absolute music – music of an abstract nature without any ties to an explicit program or story
We hope you enjoy learning these terms that will be used when talking with a string quartet for a wedding in Raleigh NC. To learn more about other music terms that'll help you work with a string quartet for your big wedding day, visit back with us, soon!
Save the Date Music | String Quartet in Raleigh NC
Still trying to decide which type of music to have at your wedding ceremony? Many brides and grooms love a string quartet in Raleigh NC but have no idea where to start when it comes to hiring one. That's where Save the Date Music steps in! Our wedding music planner can help you pick the best string quartet in Raleigh NC for your wedding day.
Contact Save the Date Music to ensure that your wedding day music makes a lasting impression on your guests. Make your wedding event simple and beautiful with the most recommended music planner in the Raleigh NC area!