Selecting your venue should occur as early as possible, between ten and twelve months in advance. Criteria can include:
- Proximity to the ceremony site
- Available parking at the ceremony site
- Number of guests (this will help you determine ceremony site)
- Reception activities (historical homes may not allow high heels, dancing, or alcoholic beverages)
- Technical and plumbing needs
- Stairs (may be an obstacle for older guests)
- Congestion from other concurrent weddings
- Convenient sleeping accommodations
- Shuttle service availability
- Area ammenities near the hotel (such as covered bridges, gardens, shopping mall, etc.)
- Available necessities (such a tables, chairs, linens, dishes, table decorations, waiters, alcohol, licenses, and permits).
Plan the perfect wedding which is perfect for you.